Gabz-FM is an adult contemporary Radio station that plays today’s hits and yesterdays classics. The station broadcasts nationally via terrestrial transmission and globally via Internet.
Being one of the oldest Commercial radio stations in the country, Gabz-FM has branded itself as the heart and soul of adult contemporary music. Our Programming targets adults aged 25 plus. These are mostly graduates, middle managers and above whose taste for things are finer and they have the buying power to afford them, because of the sophistication of our target audience, our programming constitutes 20% talk and 80% music. The station takes into cognizance the fact that the Gabz-FM listener works hard and would rather relax with a station that has abundant information and with rejuvenating and soothing music.
The station prides itself for being the leading Adult Contemporary Radio station, whose content is mature, well researched, balanced and well presented. As reflected above, the station’s presenting team is envy for many, with the team being mature, carte blanche, well rounded and yet entertaining in their execution. Guided by the broadcasting Board, Gabz-FM is compliant with English and Setswana mix in all the station’s programs.
To be a pioneering broadcaster that continuously surpasses listener expectations.
To be the most preferred adult contemporary radio station in Botswana and the region.
- 2016 COPA
- Radio Journalist of the Year (Monnakgotla Mojaki)
- 2014 MISA
- Best Current Affairs Program (Reginald Richardson)
- Best Reporter in Education Issues Broadcast (Reginald Richardson)
- Sports Reporter of the Year Broadcast (Monnakgotla Mojaki)
- BOCCIM 2014 Best Electronic Media of the Year and Media Practitioner of the Year
- Also in 2014 Gabz-FM sports presenter Monnakgotla Mojaki won the following awards
- beMobile: Electronic Media of the Year
- Mascom Top 8: Number 1 Talker Radio
- Mascom Volleyball Award 2014: Radio Reporter
- BISA CIPA Coca Cola AWard
- In 2010 and 2011 Gabz FM was presented with A PMR Africa Diamond Arrow award for being the best overall local radio station in news and current affairs.
- Late 2011, the station was awarded the following Misa Institute of Southern Africa awards;
- Overall Winner of best news and current affairs show ( Morning Show)
- Overall Winner of best news reader of the year ( Bay Tsimane)
- News team
- Bay Tsimane (Head of News and Current Affairs) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tswelelo Mogotsi (Deputy Editor) email@example.com
- Veronica Morakanyane (Journalist) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Sethunya Maele (Journalist) email@example.com
- Calistus Bosaletswe (Journalist) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Seneo Setilo (Journalist) email@example.com
- Management Team
- Sales Team
- Geoffrey Pororo (Head of Marketing & Sales) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Palesa Mogwera (Client Relations Executive) email@example.com
- Mosa Makgoeng (Client Relations Executive) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Barobi Tlhabiwe (Client Relations Executive) email@example.com
- Boikhutso Kebadilwe (Marketing & Client Relations Executive) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Omphile Masendu (Client Relations Executive) email@example.com
- Baboki Major (Telesales & Marketing Assistant) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Programming and Technical Team
- Kenneth Moeng (Programs Manager) email@example.com
- Khali Mothopeng (Head of Productions) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kaizer Ikgopoleng (Web Administrator) email@example.com
- Kitso Y. Seabelo (Station Engineer) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Siamisang Moalafi (Music Scheduler) email@example.com
- Show Producers
- Mmapula Molapong (Gabz-FM Breakfast Show) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phondo Dikgomo (Gabz-FM Conversations, Morning Beat) email@example.com
- Bonnie Aarone (The PM Drive, Four Night Only) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Loretta Mekgwe (Weekend Shows) email@example.com
- Janet Zheke (Gabz-FM Business Hour) firstname.lastname@example.org